The aim of Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs) is to foster better relationships between parents and their children's schools.
PTAs create a partnership which helps the school listen to and deal with parents' concerns; and for parents to learn more about the school and how to improve their children's education. PTAs do not necessarily represent the views of all parents but they can be an excellent forum for communication and a basis for partnership between parents and schools.
All parents are automatically members of our school's PTA and your support is always welcome. You may choose to be a 'silent' member and support us in name only, you may choose only to attend PTA meetings to discuss forthcoming events and spending decisions, of you may choose to become a full member and take a full and active role. Whatever you choose to do, we appreciate your support.
If you would like to join our PTA, please get in touch with us through the School Office on 01264 772297, or pop in to offer your services. We'd love to hear from you!
PTA Events are advertised on the school website in the Calendar, also in the school newsletter and the PTA newsletter. The PTA also has a Facebook page that you can apply to join and hear about things.
PTA Committee Members
- John Turner, Joint Chairman of the Parent Teacher Association - I have a daughter at the school, in Kestrels class. I started my career as a Vehicle Mechanic in the British Army. Now in my 25th year, I am in command of my own Workshop in Blandford. I am a keen squash player and enjoy long walks. My experience of command, leadership and organisation skills will be of benefit to this position.
- Stuart Ashley, Joint Chairman of the Parent Teacher Association
- James Wilkes, Vice Chairman - I have a son in Robins class and a daughter who is too young to start school yet. I am a member of the British Army and have served for 13 years. I am currently serving in the 1st Regiment Royal Horse Artillery. I am keen to do as much as I can, to raise as much as we can, for the benefit of our children and the school. I believe my experience of leadership, management and organisaitonal skills can help to achieve this.
- Sam Taylor, Treasurer - I have two children at the school, in Wrens Class. Before children I studied Interior Architecture and Design and worked for many years in an Architects practice designing and delivering retail interiors. I'm now a mum, fitting in part time work where I can and crafting things when I have time. I hope to bring my management experience to this role and my design background where I can.
- Isabel Locke, Secretary - I am fairly new to the school with our daughter who is in Swans Class starting in July 2018. I run a succesful Beauty Salon and have a business management degree. I am looking forward to working as a committee member of the PTA.
Details of events planned for 2018/19 can be found on the following link, or on the school calendar. Your continued support is greatly appreciated!
- Easy Fundraising
It doesn't cost you a penny extra when you shop the easyfundraising way with one of our 3,079 shops and sites. They give us a commission for your purchase. We turn that into a donation and give it to your good cause.
- Stikins - Label Planet
The Stikins school fundraising scheme has distributed many thousands of pounds amongst participating schools every October since the scheme began back in 2004. We want to give schools and PTAs the opportunity to earn commission while helping parents to safely and securely label their children’s belongings – in return, we want to grow our brand (Stikins ®) and supply name labels to as many parents as possible. To support the efforts of our fundraising partners we pay out the highest name label commission rate in the UK (30%); we also produce 5 free printed name labels for each new child starting at the school each year. We offer truly simple fundraising ideas to help schools and PTAs achieve more from their fundraising projects without taking up precious resources.
Stikins - Label Planet