Our governors meet as a Full Governing Body ten times per year. Other meetings are convened at different times as and when required, including an annual whole governing body training session. Each governor has their own area of responsibility which we call our 'Governor's Portfolio' and they meet with relevant staff within the school to ensure close liaison and an excellent working relationship in order to monitor progress and feed back to the governing body with knowledge and confidence.
- Margaret Rome is a Foundation Governor and Chairman of the Governing Body. She spent all her working life in the City of London in financial institutions, the last 20 years of which were as head of personnel and administration in a bank. Her role included all aspects of personnel including pay structuring as well and recruiting, redundancies, disciplinary action, etc. and, therefore, she has a good knowledge of employment law. The administration side of her role included the purchasing of all office equipment and supplies, managing the directors' dining room and refurbishments which included liaison with architects, planners, contractors and designers. She decided to become a governor as she feels passionately that education begins at the primary school level which, together with parental care and encouragement, is the foundation for the future and what that person can achieve in life. After leaving the City she moved to Thruxton with her husband. Her interests include walking her dog and sculpting.
- Kate Roycroft is a Local Authority governor. She is a qualified teacher with a background in special educational needs and education management. Kate read Psychology at Liverpool University and has a Level 7 Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties. Most of her experience has been in the Post-16 sector, where she carried out diagnostic assessments, managed the learning support team and taught literacy and numeracy. She recognises the importance of establishing strong foundations in literacy and numeracy and providing appropriate learning support at primary level. Kate lives in Thruxton and is a member of the Parochial Church Council.
- Karen Edmunds is a staff governor. Karen works as an LSA and has done so for many years now. In a previous life Karen was a nurse and her caring nature is evident in the way she looks after our youngest pupils.
- Brigadier Edward Chamberlain is a Foundation Governor. He has served in the British Army for 29 years, during which time he has gained considerable practical leadership and management experience running medium to large organisations. He is currently the Director of Army Division of Defence Academy of the UK, delivering eduacation at Masters's degree level to approx. 600 UK and International Students each year. He also has previous experience as a school governor and lives in Thruxton. As a local village resident he has a keen interest in the development and sustainment of Kimpton CofE Primary School. He is also a member of the congregation of St Peter and St Pauls CofE Parish.
- Joanne Turner is a Foundation Governor. She has two children at the school and has been an active member of the PTA for five years. Joanna has worked in education business links across Hampshire for 19 years and has developed a variety of enterprise and employability programmes. She has a Level 6 Diploma in Careers and Development and is passionate that all young people leave school with not only academic qualifications, but with the functional, personal and employability skills to succeed in the world of work.
- Emma Thomson is a Parent Governor. She has two children at the school. Emma’s main background is in Recruitment based out of Canary Wharf, London however for the past eight years Emma has been an MOD Civil Servant based locally. Emma’s role involves providing Management support to Serving Personnel and their families through the Army Welfare Service across the South West and Northern Ireland. For the past two years Emma has been an active member of the school PTA.
- Michelle Gregg is a Parent Governor. She has 25 years experience in Retail Management with responsibility for budgets as well as experience of project management. She currently runs her own business and enjoys helping out at a local Beaver group. She is also an active member of the PTA and has a son in Swans Class.
- Reverend Sandra Williams has been Ex-Officio Governor since January 2018 as she was licensed as Priest in Charge of the Appleshaw, Kimpton, Thruxton, Fyfield and Shipton Bellinger Benefice in October 2017. Rev’d Sandra (as she is known to the children) has been working as a Priest in the Benefice since July 2013 and enjoys coming in to school each week to lead Collective Worship. In a previous life, Sandra was a Teaching Assistant in a primary school in Dorset, working mainly with upper Key Stage 2, she also spent 30 years volunteering with the Scout movement as a Cub Scout Leader. Working with children and families is a very important part of her ministry and the school is very important to the life of the benefice.
- Emma Gallagher is a Foundation Governor. She works as an International Education Consultant for Education Development Trust, a UK-based organisation which works to improve education around the world. Emma's work mainly focuses on working with local and national governments to research and implement strategies for improving teaching and learning at all levels of the school system. Her most recent projects have been in Brunei and India. Emma is a newcomer to the village and is keen to contribute to the community. She is particularly interested in supporting the development of Kimpton CofE Primary and hopes that she can bring some international perspectives to her role as Governor. Outside of work, Emma's interests include running, cooking and walking her Golden Retriever, Otis.
|Name||Category||Appointed by||Term of Office (no. of years & end date)||Committee membership||Responsibilities||Voting Rights (if Associate Member)|
|Margaret Rome||Foundation||Diocese||4||01/10/2022||Pay Review Panel||Chair of Governors
School Development Plan/Pupil Progress
Personnel and Safeguarding
|Kate Roycroft||Local Authority||Governing Body||4||27/01/2022||Pay Review Panel||Vice-Chair of Governors
Vulnerable Groups/Single Equality Policy
Freedom of Information
|Zoe Newton||Head Teacher||Ex-officio||N/A|
|Rev’d Sandra Williams||Foundation||Ex-officio||N/A||The Christian Nature and Values of the School, The School Working Party|
Governor Training Liaison Website
|Michele Gregg||Parent||Parents||4||05/11/2021||Buildings, Fire, Health and Safety|
|Emma Thomson||Parent||Parents||4||01/05/2022||The Christian Nature and Values of the School, The School Working Party
|Emma Gallagher||Foundation||Diocese||4||17/07/2022||School Development Plan/Pupil Progress
Governor Training Liaison
|Brigadier Edward Chamberlain||Foundation||Diocese||4||28/02/2020||Pay Review Panel||Website
|Karen Edmunds||Staff||Staff||4||21/05/2022||Buildings, Fire, Health and Safety|
Governor Attendance Record for the Academic Year 2017/2018
|Full Governing Body|
|Name||Number of meetings the governor should have attended||Number of meetings attended||Attendance rate(%)|
|Name||Name of Business
• governor elsewhere (please include school name)
• related / married to member of staff (please include staff name)
• employed at school
|Nature of Business||Nature of Interest||Date of Appointment or Acquisition||Date of Cessation of Interest||Date of Entry|
|Margaret Rome||Governor of Winton Community Academy||School||Governor||01/07/2013||N/A|
|Zoe Newton||Head Teacher Kimpton, Thruxton and Fyfield Church of England Primary School||School||01/01/2018|
|Sandra Williams||Governor at Appleshaw St Peter Church of England Primary School||School||Ex Officio governor||27/11/2017|
|Karen Edmunds||Employed at Kimpton, Thruxton and Fyfield Church of England Primary School||School||Teacher||N/A|