Pride in our school
At Kimpton, Thruxton and Fyfield Church of England Primary School our children are proud to be members of our school and wear our uniform. The uniform has been designed to be practical for a primary school whilst reflecting the high standards expected at school – it is to be worn with pride at all times.
We feel that it is important that children learn to dress smartly and appropriately. They grow up at Kimpton understanding that most secondary schools and later in life, businesses, require smart, professional dress.
We look to parents to work with the school to ensure that children come to school always maintaining a high standard of dress and with at least a minimum of the correct colours in their clothing.
We value learning so highly that we do not send children home to change. However, we hope that we do not have to deal with uniform transgressions.
Judgements about acceptability of uniform and appearance can only be made by Kimpton staff and ultimately the Headteacher.
It is our policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in an event organised by the School.
School uniform consists of:
- Grey/black trousers, skirt or pinafore which must be of an appropriate length, neither too long nor too short;
- White polo shirt, shirt or blouse;
- Plain blue tie (elasticated for key Stage 1 pupils);
- Plain white, black or grey socks;
- Blue sweatshirt, V necked sweater or cardigan with school logo;
- Blue fleece with school logo;
- Blue gingham dress;
- Black sensible shoes or, during summer months, sensible sandals.
Uniform may be worn in a number of ensembles: polo shirt with sweatshirt, V necked sweater or cardigan; white blouse or shirt with tie and V necked sweater or cardigan; skirt or trousers for girls; shorts or trousers for boys.
P.E. or games uniform consists of:
- T shirt according to your child’s House colour (red, blue, green or yellow);
- Navy shorts;
- Plimsolls or trainers, which may only be worn outdoors;
- Tracksuit for outdoor use in colder weather;
- Blue draw-string bag to hold uniform.
Support in buying school uniform may be available for those parents whose children are eligible for free school meals on joining the school in Year R or when leaving to join secondary school.
School uniform can be purchased online from Skoolkit and can be embroidered with your child’s name. Alternatively, Knights Tailoring, based in Tidworth, are also able to offer all items of personalised uniform at competitive prices, samples of which can be seen in the school foyer - click here to download an order form - your personal school uniform specialist Elizabeth Hunt will be available during school pick up times to take order, answer queries, receive payments and deliver items directly, at no extra charge. If you have any queries then please ring 01980 655418 or 07572 610174 or email email@example.com.
All items of clothing need to be named and children need to be encouraged at home and school to take care of their own property.