Our governors meet as a Full Governing Body ten times per year. Other meetings are convened at different times as and when required, including an annual whole governing body training session. Each governor has their own area of responsibility which we call our 'Governor's Portfolio' and they meet with relevant staff within the school to ensure close liaison and an excellent working relationship in order to monitor progress and feed back to the governing body with knowledge and confidence.
- Margaret Rome is a Foundation Governor and Chairman of the Governing Body. She spent all her working life in the City of London in financial institutions, the last 20 years of which were as head of personnel and administration in a bank. Her role included all aspects of personnel including pay structuring as well and recruiting, redundancies, disciplinary action, etc. and, therefore, she has a good knowledge of employment law. The administration side of her role included the purchasing of all office equipment and supplies, managing the directors' dining room and refurbishments which included liaison with architects, planners, contractors and designers. She decided to become a governor as she feels passionately that education begins at the primary school level which, together with parental care and encouragement, is the foundation for the future and what that person can achieve in life. After leaving the City she moved to Thruxton with her husband. Her interests include walking her dog and sculpting.
- Kate Roycroft is a Local Authority governor. She is a qualified teacher with a background in special educational needs and education management. Kate read Psychology at Liverpool University and has a Level 7 Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties. Most of her experience has been in the Post-16 sector, where she carried out diagnostic assessments, managed the learning support team and taught literacy and numeracy. She recognises the importance of establishing strong foundations in literacy and numeracy and providing appropriate learning support at primary level. Kate lives in Thruxton and is a member of the Parochial Church Council.
- Karen Edmunds is a staff governor. Karen works with our Year R children and has done so for many years now. In a previous life Karen was a nurse and her caring nature is evident in the way she looks after our youngest pupils.
- Stephanie Crutchley is a Foundation Governor. She has a background in teaching, having been a primary school teacher in Hampshire in the 1990s. During her 8 years in the classroom she had responsibility for the teaching of Literacy across the school and also managed the library. She left the teaching profession in 1997 to apply her skills in a different setting as a trainer for a financial services company. Stephanie thoroughly enjoyed her time as a teacher and is pleased to have the opportunity to be involved in the life of Kimpton school. She hopes her experiences as a classroom teacher will bring a useful perspective to her role as foundation governor. Stephanie and her partner moved to Thruxton in 2013 and they were married in the local church in July 2014. She and her husband are both approved foster carers. In her spare time she enjoys singing with a local choir and Modern Jive dancing.
- Brigadier Edward Chamberlain is a Foundation Governor. He has served in the British Army for 29 years, during which time he has gained considerable practical leadership and management experience running medium to large organisations. He is currently the Director of Army Division of Defence Academy of the UK, delivering eduacation at Masters's degree level to approx. 600 UK and International Students each year. He also has previous experience as a school governor and lives in Thruxton. As a local village resident he has a keen interest in the development and sustainment of Kimpton CofE Primary School. He is also a member of the congregation of St Peter and St Pauls CofE Parish.
- Joanne Turner is a Foundation Governor. She has two children at the school and has been an active member of the PTA for five years. Joanna has worked in education business links across Hampshire for 19 years and has developed a variety of enterprise and employability programmes. She has a Level 6 Diploma in Careers and Development and is passionate that all young people leave school with not only academic qualifications, but with the functional, personal and employability skills to succeed in the world of work.
- Michelle Gregg is a Parent Governor. She has 25 years experience in Retail Management with responsibility for budgets as well as experience of project management. She currently runs her own business and enjoys helping out at a local Beaver group. She is also an active member of the PTA and has a son in Swans Class.
|Name||Category||Appointed by||Term of Office||Responsibilities|
(If associate member)
|Mrs Zoe Newton||Headteacher||GB||N/A||Ex-officio||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Mrs Karen Edmunds||Staff||Staff||4||22/05/2018||N/A||11||8|
|Mrs Kate Roycroft||Local Authority||GB||4||27/01/2018||Vice-Chair||N/A||11||10|
|Mrs Louise Chappell||Parent||Parents||4||30/09/2018||N/A||11||11|
|Mrs Margaret Rome||Foundation||Diocese||4||03/12/2018||Chair / Safeguarding||N/A||11||11|
|Brigadier Edward Chamberlain||Foundation||Diocese||4||24/02/2020||N/A|
|Mrs Stephanie Crutchley||Foundation||Diocese||4||18/08/2018||Training liaison governor||N/A||11||10|
|Mrs Joanna Turner||Foundation||Diocese||4||06/10/2020||N/A|
|Mrs Michele Gregg||Parent Governor||Diocese||4||24/10/2017||N/A|
|Name||Name of Business or other interest||Nature of Business||Nature of Interest||Date of Appointment or Acquisition||Date of Cessation of Interest||Date of Entry|
|Mrs Zoe Newton||Headteacher||01/01/16|
|Mrs Karen Edmunds||Employed at the school||29/09/15|
|Mrs Kate Roycroft||None||29/09/15|
|Mrs Louise Chappell||Chappell Builders Ltd||Building||Spouse||When required||Ongoing||29/09/15|
|Mrs Margaret Rome||Winton Community Academy (Secondary School)||School||Academies Enterprise Trust Governor||01/07/13||N/A||29/09/15|
|Mr Ross Mallock||None||29/09/15|
|Mrs Stephanie Crutchley||None||29/09/15|
|Brigadier Edward Chamberlain||None||07/07/16|